Travelling to Berlin
Important information for Allianz Global Assistance customers
20th December 2016
Allianz Global Assistance is deeply saddened by the recent events in Berlin and our thoughts are with the victims, their families and friends.
Following the latest events in Berlin, Allianz Global Assistance would like to advise its customers as follows:
• If you are coming back from Berlin and have been forced to cut-short your trip as a result of these events in Berlin, then please speak with your tour-operator/ travel provider in the first instance in order to obtain a refund for the unused part of the trip. If you have unused excursions that cannot be refunded by the tour operator or travel provider, then please submit a travel insurance claim as outlined in your policy wording.
• If you have not yet travelled to Berlin and cannot as a result of the incidents, please contact your tour operator or travel provider for a full refund. If your travel company cannot refund you your money, you may be able to ask them to rearrange your holiday destination or date. .
• If you have bought a single trip policy for Berlin and you cannot now travel because of transport services being suspended or cancelled and are not submitting a claim, then Allianz Global Assistance will refund your policy premium in full. .
• If you have bought a single trip policy for Berlin and you would like to travel to another destination or on another date, please contact Allianz Global Assistance so that we can make the appropriate changes for you.
• If you have any questions about what is or isn’t covered under your Allianz Global Assistance policy then please feel free to call us.
Contact us: +353 1602 7000
If you need further information regarding Berlin, you can check the DFA website