European Breakdown Cover
- European Breakdown Cover and Home Breakdown – 24/7 roadside assistance in Ireland, the UK and Continental Europe.
- Vehicle Recovery Across Europe – If we can’t get the car fixed at the roadside or at home, we’ll get you, your vehicle and up to 7 passengers to the nearest garage.
- Home Breakdown Assistance – You can call on our breakdown recovery service either at your home address or any location less than 1km away from your house.
- European Onward Travel – With European breakdown cover we provide the choice of hotel accommodation, a courtesy car or the cost of rail fare if your vehicle can’t be fixed within 4 hours of breakdown recovery.
- Vehicle Repatriation – If your car is still being repaired when you’re back in Ireland, we’ll send it back to the nearest suitable garage for your collection.
- Vehicle Collection – €500 towards your travel costs from Ireland to the repairer in Europe to collect your car once it’s fixed.
- Vehicle Storage in Europe – €100 towards storing your car in Europe before it can be collected or returned to Ireland.
- Parts Delivered to Europe – If essential parts to fix your car aren’t available locally, we’ll send them to the authorised repairer in Europe.
- European Recovery for Caravans and Trailers – We’ll recover your caravan or trailer, if you’re towing either when you have a break down.
- Courtesy Car on Return to Ireland – If you return to Ireland and your car is still being repaired in Europe, we’ll provide you with a courtesy car to drive at home for up to 3 days.
- Repatriation of Passengers – up to €1,000 towards return travel costs to get you and your passenger’s home.
- Incorrect Fuel – Car recovery to the nearest garage if you fill up with the wrong fuel. We can also arrange (but not cover the costs for) a mobile fuel unit to get you back up and running.
- Lost Keys – If your keys are lost, stolen or damaged we’ll recover your vehicle to the nearest locksmith, or arrange (but not cover the costs for) a mobile locksmith to assist you.
- Up to 5 call outs per year.
European Breakdown Cover
When you’re road-tripping across the continent or taking the car on a family holiday to France, you don’t want anything to put the brakes on your time away.
With our European Breakdown Cover our priority is making sure your trip can continue as soon as possible. If you’re unfortunate enough to breakdown in Europe and we can’t fix your car within 4 hours of breakdown assistance, we’ll do all we can to get you back on your journey with a courtesy car, onward rail fare or overnight accommodation.
With your travel plans back in motion, we’ll get your car repaired and returned to you as quickly as possible. We’ll cover the cost of storing your car in Europe and returning it to Ireland, or if you’d rather return to Europe to collect the car yourself we’ll give you up to €500 towards your travel costs
If your vehicle is still being repaired by the time you get back to Ireland, we’ll provide you with a courtesy car at home too.Get a Quote